Thursday, May 24, 2012

Page Layout and Text Layout Buttons Disabled on Ribbon

I was having trouble adding and changing content due to both the Page Layout and Text Layout buttons were disabled in the custom master page. It was working fine with default v4 master page. There are lot of possible reason for this issues. You can check the link mentioned below:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepoint2010general/thread/dfb9a2ab-3dc7-4171-a35d-6eaffce97b72
Any of the solutions mentioned in the above link did not worked for me. After comparing my custom master page I figured out that one of the default javascript was missing which executes on load of the page.
I changed  <body> to  <body onload=”javascript:_spBodyOnLoadWrapper();”> and the editing tools control started working fine.
Basically the javascript _spbodyOnLoadWrapper() was missing in my master page.

No comments: